Welcome to St. Martin’s & St. Luke’s

Worship Times and Locations

Join us for worship every Sunday morning in-person or online!

Sunday Worship Time – 10:30AM!

St. Martin’s & St. Luke’s has joined with our sister parish, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church (Manhattanville), for joint worship at St. Mary’s Church. Worship begins at 10:30am.


To join in-person 

Location: St. Mary’s Episcopal Church

521 West 126th Street (between Broadway & Amsterdam)


To Join Worship by Phone Dial-in

Dial by your location

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 700 867 563

Passcode: 820010

To Join Worship using Zoom via Computer or Smart Device


Meeting ID: 700 867 563

Passcode: praise

To Join Worship via Facebook

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/St.Marys.Harlem   (to view by Facebook Live)




Administrative Authority

Japhet Aryiku Lindsay Brooks Sandra Francis Eloise Paterson, Esq., Parish Attorney

A Very Brief Parish History

The St. Martin’s Church building was erected in 1886 by the architect William A. Potter. It was then known as Holy Trinity Church.  In April of 1925, fire destroyed Holy Trinity, only the four walls surviving. That congregation decided to move to Inwood, and the Lenox Avenue property was deeded to the Diocese of New York. St. Martin’s was organized as a mission in 1928 and the first services were held in the Little Theater in February. Under the sponsorship of the City Mission Society and with the support of Bishop William T. Manning, St. Martin’s grew rapidly in the 1930s. It was active in the community, concentrating on the elimination of racial discriminatory practices by Harlem stores on West 125th Street. A federal credit union was established in 1937. Disaster struck in January of 1939 when the church was again ravaged by fire. Under the leadership of Dr. John H. Johnson St. Martin’s was rebuilt once more. It was incorporated in March of 1940 and later that year admitted into the Diocese of New York as an independent parish. Throughout its history St. Martin’s has remained first and foremost a spiritual hub with a Christ centered focus, yet propelled by this focus to be a center for community gathering, empowerment, and advocacy, as well as a promoter of the arts in the Village of Harlem.

St. Luke’s Church, located on Convent Avenue and 141st Street, was consolidated with St. Martin’s in 1942, with one vestry and one Rector serving both congregations. The current edifice was built in 1892. Dr. Isaac Tuttle was the Rector of St. Luke’s, on Hudson Street, and it was through his efforts that the new church building and congregation were established on Convent Avenue. Under the leadership of the late Rector Emeritus, Rev. David Johnson who served as Chaplain for the City College of New York (CCNY) an emphasis was placed on educational outreach. Succeeding the Rev. David Johnson was the Rev. Johan Johnson, who continued this tradition of emphasizing education. In 1991, he founded a middle school tutoring program, St. Luke’s Saturday School, which led directly to the establishment of a primary school in 2004, Harlem Episcopal School, now known as Harlem Academy. In 2015, the remaining members of St. Luke’s Church ceased to hold worship in their beloved edifice and chose to join their sisters and brothers at St. Martin’s Church to continue their worship and witness.